LCD awesomeness

So for this week I decided to do the LCD display. I chose this one because I thought it would be fun to do. So basically the challenge was to display something on the LCD.
I also thought that this would be challenging so I started to do this.  I read a lot online and there is really only one way to set this up.  So I just copied the one in the starter guide. so here is the set up.

alt text

This is what it looks like it real life.


Here is the code.

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(12,11,5,4,3,2);

void setup()
{
  lcd.begin(32, 2);
  lcd.clear();
}

void loop()
{
    lcd.setCursor (0,0);
    lcd.scrollDisplayLeft();
    lcd.print("Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year");
    delay(200);
    }

Here is the video of it working. 


There really was not much challenge of getting this working.  I just followed the diagram and then changed the code to print what I wanted it to print.  It cut it off so I decided that I needed it to scroll so I looked up how to make it scroll add that code in there and then I was done.  There you have it.  I think that I didn't really learn to much this week other than I can make it display stuff on an LCD.  I did learn a little bit of code but I think that I have learned most of what I needed to to make this project work already.  So there you go the LCD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is social bookmarking?

Motor with sonar

Arduino Analog input for a digital output