Motor with sonar

So this week’s challenge was to build something that involved motors and sensors. I decided to make mine out of a servo and a sonar sensor. Here is the code...

#include <Servo.h> 
Servo servo1; 
long distance; 
long duration; 
int trigPin = 10; 
int echoPin = 9; 

void setup() { 
servo1.attach(8); 
pinMode(trigPin, OUTPUT); 
pinMode(echoPin, INPUT);


void loop() { 
ultra(); 
servo1.write(0); 
if(distance <= 10){
 servo1.write(90); 

void ultra(){ 
digitalWrite(trigPin, LOW); 
delay(2); 
digitalWrite(trigPin, HIGH); 
delay(10); 
digitalWrite(trigPin, LOW); 
duration = pulseIn(echoPin, HIGH); 
distance = duration*0.034/2; 

This challenge didn't seem to hard to program but I was swamped with other work that I had to do for my job so I was unable to build the circuit this week to actually test to see if it worked.  I think it should have but I will try it next week but since this is due today I thought that I would just publish this now and finish it later.  So stay tuned for an update when I actually get the chance to play with it and see if it will work.  I know that is where the real learning happens but I still did learn quite a bit.  I had to read up on how the sonar thing works and how to program it.  I hope I got it right but I guess we will see if that is correct.   I also learned the difference between the long and integer numbers.  I had to use a long number for the distance to the object and the duration variables. Well anyway stay tuned so see if the code and circuit actually work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is social bookmarking?

Arduino Analog input for a digital output