Final Personal Retrospective

This is my last post for this class.  It is hard to believe that 6 weeks has already gone by and this class is just about over.  As I look back over the last 6 weeks I think the build that I am the most proud of is the digital dice one.  Even though it proved to not be totally random it still was the most fun and challenging build.  It took me a while to come up with the idea of what to do and then it took even longer to see it happen but when it did I think it was the coolest build that I did.  I think that the first week was challenging to figure out how to build the circuits but I think as the weeks went on it got easier and easier to build with the Arduino. I think that is the thing that I learned the most is that I was capable to do these kinds of things.  I would often see builds done like this on youtube as I was browsing around but I would always think that these are way to hard for me to actually do but now I think I might try one the next time that I see it.  I think the biggest challenge for me was just learning the difference between this and the other systems that I have worked on in the past.  Most programming is similar but each has a slightly different punctuation and wording.  So I had to relearn some of the punctuation and the words that I have used before. I think as I continue in the world of making I think that I will just try the next project that I come across or that I want to do myself.  Now that I have a starter kit I think that I might just try some of the projects that I have looked at doing in the past.  Overall I am really glad that I made this as part of my studies and that I was able to take this class.  I think that this has some real skills that are fun to use and can be applicable in real job situations.  I think that a makerspace at my high school would be a huge step up from what we have now and I am going to try and make one happen.  Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is social bookmarking?

Motor with sonar

Arduino Analog input for a digital output