Arduino blinking LED


So this is the first project in my new class called makerspaces. I am really excited to get into exactly what a makerspace is and how I can use one or have a mini version of one on my campus perhaps. So the first project is to use this tiny controller called a arduino uno to make and led blink. It is a pretty simple circuit with a resistor and an led in series with the controller. You then type the code that is below in the arduino program software on you computer and then you upload it to the arduino uno using a USB cable and then there you have it your led starts blinking. It is actually really cool but very simple to do.

This is the schematic that I used to design the circuit.
This is what it looks like in real life.


Here is a little video of me explaining my project.


There really wasn't too much trouble with this project. It worked the first time that I plugged it in. the only thing that I did for trouble shooting is I plugged the LED straight into the controller before I did the whole circuit. I just wanted to see if my code worked the right way before doing the whole circuit and it worked like a charm. I could imagine that there are several programs just like this all over the place however I bet there is some kind of qualification before the led starts to blink such as the motor such and such is working or that the DVD is really playing etc...

Overall this was a great first project and I think that this really has some great potential for making some pretty cool things. I can't wait to get to into more.

Comments

  1. I too found the set-up of the board easy, but I found trouble with the coding aspect. Great job on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is social bookmarking?

Motor with sonar

Arduino Analog input for a digital output