Youtube

Youtube has always been my favorite way to learn a new skill.  You can learn just about anything on youtube.  If you want to know how to change your brakes on your car for instance you can just type your model and make of your car and how the change the brakes and the probably have a video on how to do it.  Like this for example.

Or say you wanted to learn how to throw a boomerang the right way so that it will come back to you.


Or some of my personal how do you build a rocket powered golf club?

There is a whole slew of videos that you can watch out there some of them are completely useless but if you are careful you can find some real gems that are not only educational but also fun at the same time. Youtube for me has always been a go to if I have a student that was absent in a class and they need to catch up I usually try to send them to a youtube video that they can watch that will catch them up at least a little and then I try to fill in the gaps as we go.  I also use it quite often when I want to show a demo to my students but can't find or the equipment is too expensive.  I have always love using youtube and I think it will be a part of my teaching and personal life for a long time to come.  It is so convenient to not only learn something new but is a great tool when teaching something new as well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is social bookmarking?

Motor with sonar

Arduino Analog input for a digital output